Walk the Plank Stew
Bring the kids on board for this swashbuckling cooking adventure right in your own kitchen. This one-pot meal makes learning to cook easy and exciting, and kids can’t wait to taste the results of the recipe they can help you make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 package Sea Best Cod, thawed and cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Goldfish® crackers for garnish
Garlic Butter Garnish:
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, microplaned
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In soup pot, cook onion, celery and bay leaf in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 6-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic, caraway, bay leaf and fennel; stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Add potatoes and stock and bring to a simmer; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add fish and simmer for another 3-5 minutes (seasoning with salt and pepper to taste) until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add fresh parsley and pour into bowls.
- Mix all garlic butter garnish ingredients together; let kids spoon garlic butter atop each bowl of stew.
- Serve with Goldfish® crackers.