Spiced Fish Rub
This spiced rub couldn’t be simpler to make. Refrigerate this blend for up to two weeks for an easy way to bring flavor to your favorite fillets anytime.
- ½ red onion, roughly diced
- ¼ small white onion, roughly diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 fresh chili peppers, seeds and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- 1 package Sea Best Tilapia (or any other Sea Best seafood), thawed
- Combine all ingredients except fish in a mini food processor and blend until paste forms; stop to scrape sides when needed. If too thick, add a little olive oil to thin it out as needed.
- Rub mixture on fish at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cook fish according to package directions.
- Serve with barley, couscous or quinoa.
Chef’s Note: Rub this over your fish in the morning (even if frozen) and leave in fridge throughout the day. Try grilling fish in a basket over medium-high heat. You can make this paste at any point throughout the week. The rub will last for 2 weeks or more in the fridge; consider doubling or tripling the recipe for easy, flavorful meals throughout the week.