With a combination of caramelized apples and cheddar au gratin potatoes, these mustard-coated grouper fillets are transformed into a special occasion dinner.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups thinly sliced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 Sea Best Grouper Fillets, thawed
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¾ cup butter, cubed, divided
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cream in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Add potatoes; stir to coat.
- Transfer potato mixture to a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Cover with foil; bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10-13 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, spread both sides of Sea Best Grouper Fillets with a thin coating of mustard.
- Coat with panko bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the breaded fillets with ¼ cup of cubed butter (about 1-2 cubes of butter per fillet).
- Place into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- After 10-12 minutes of baking time, preheat broiler to high and broil the fish on highest rack in the oven 30-90 seconds (depending on broiler) for a golden crust. Remove baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter in another large skillet. Add apples; sauté until tender and golden brown.
- Serve fish with potatoes and apples.