Grilled Fish Tostadas
Cook up a flavor fiesta for the family or your game-watching guests with all the benefits of seafood. The whole family will love adding their favorite toppings to these crunchy tostadas featuring fish fillets.
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package Sea Best Grouper, thawed
- Tostada shells
Items for tostada bar:
- Shredded Napa cabbage
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Sour cream or Mexican crema
- Bean puree (see recipe)
- Place all seasonings into a small spice grinder or coffee grinder and grind until fine.
- Liberally coat fish fillets with seasoning mixture 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill or grill pan; cook fillets 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve fish in any number of ways: flaked, cut into strips or as a fillet.
- Include fish in a tostada bar with shells and toppings.
Optional Bean Puree Recipe
- 1 package dried beans or black-eyed peas
- 1 yellow onion, cut into eighths
- 1 dry ancho chile pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ stick butter
- Black pepper
- Cook beans/peas, onion, pepper and garlic over medium-low heat, covered and stirring occasionally, until beans/peas are tender.
- Stir in salt; turn off heat and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Take half of the bean/pea mixture out of the pot for pureeing; leave the other half for another use.
- Drain any excess liquid from the bean/pea mixture and puree with butter and pepper until smooth; adjust seasoning as necessary.