Florida Keys Fish Cakes
Crab cakes, move over! Moist and flavorful flounder fish cakes served with a sweet corn butter sauce will soon become a favorite appetizer, lunch or dinner staple. Watch them disappear!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 3 cups crushed saltines
- 3 Sea Best Arrowtooth Flounder Fillets, thawed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs and sliced scallions to garnish
- For fish cakes, combine the first six ingredients in a bowl.
- Fold in crushed saltines and Sea Best Arrowtooth Flounder. Shape into 1-inch-thick patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add fish cakes; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small skillet. Sauté corn for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken broth and honey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add the cream and salt and pepper; cover and process until creamy.
- Serve fish cakes topped with buttery corn sauce. Garnish with fresh dill and scallions.