with Chorizo Mashed Potatoes
This bright and bold dish of coriander-crusted scallops is just wonderful served on chorizo-mashed potatoes and drizzled with a seafood broth. Delightful!
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- ½ pound Mexican chorizo sausage
- 2 cups seafood broth
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 24 Sea Best Raw Scallops, thawed and patted dry
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package instructions.
- Remove casings from chorizo; crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Stir sausage into mashed potatoes; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat seafood broth; add the diced red bell pepper and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour and coriander into a large resealable plastic bag; add Sea Best Raw Scallops and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- To serve, place mashed potatoes in a shallow bowl. Top with scallops; drizzle with ¼ cup broth and vegetable mixture. Garnish with sliced scallions.